Transitions® Signature® GEN 8™
OUR CLEAREST & FASTEST LENSES, PERFECT FOR EVERYDAY LIFE
Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are expertly engineered to provide your eyes with a better vision experience, better style and better protection1. The best for people who want our clearest & fastest lenses.
Transitions Signature GEN 8 lenses are the best overall photochromic lens2, in fact, 89% of wearers preferred to keep Transitions Signature GEN 8 over premium clear lenses3.
Outdoors, these lenses darken in seconds4 and indoors they return to clear faster than ever5. Like all Transitions lenses, Transitions Signature GEN 8 blocks 100% of UV rays and filters out harmful blue light both indoors and outdoors6. Choose your style - select from a range of seven lens color options.
1. Higher satisfaction declared by wearers compared to premium clear lenses. Transitions Optical, Quality of Vision & Vision Experience Test, U.S. 2019, (N=146) - From UV and harmful blue light compared to premium clear lenses.Based on achieving the highest weighted composite score among main everyday photochromic lenses across measurements of key photochromic performance attributes weighted by their relative importance to consumers.
2. Based on achieving the highest weighted composite score among main everyday photochromic lenses across measurements of key photochromic performance attributes weighted by their relative importance to consumers.
3. Higher satisfaction declared by wearers compared to premium clear lenses. Transitions Optical, Quality of Vision & Vision Experience Test, U.S. 2019, (N=146)
4. Claim is based on tests across materials on gray lenses, being the most popular color, achieving 18% transmission @ 23°C.
5. Claim is based on tests across materials on gray lenses, being the most popular color, fading back to 70% transmission @ 23°C.
6. Transitions Signature GEN 8 block at least 20% of harmful blue light indoors and over 87% of harmful blue light outdoors except Transitions Signature lenses style colors which block over 75% outdoors. “Harmful blue light” is calculated between 380nm and 460nm.
Transitions® XTRActive® new generation
Our new generation of XTRActive lenses deliver the best extra darkness and the best extra light protection1 from intense light indoors and outdoors, even in the car. Transitions® XTRActive® new generation lenses block up to 34% of harmful blue light indoors, and up to 90% of harmful blue light outdoors.2 These lenses are for wearers who are very light sensitive and for wearers who are exposed to very bright light outdoors.
Transitions XTRActive new generation lenses are now available in gray, brown, graphite green and in six style mirrors. Additional details about materials and designs can be found in the digitized product availability guide.
1 The darkest in hot temperatures, in the car and offering the best overall blue light protection across light situations* among clear to extra dark photochromic lenses.
* Protection from harmful blue light (380nm-460nm) among polycarbonate and 1.5 gray lenses: blocking (i) up to 34% indoors at 23°C, (ii) up to 64% behind the windshield, (iii) up to 90% outdoors at 23°C and (iv) up to 83% outdoors at 35°C.
2 "Harmful blue light" is calculated between 380nm and 460nm. Based on polycarbonate gray lenses tested outdoors at 23°C.
Transitions® XTRActive® Polarized™
The only and best ever photochromic polarized lens1 began to roll out in the first quarter of 2021.
The product will expand the Transitions XTRActive product line with the additional benefit of dynamic polarization. Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses are clear with a hint of protective tint indoors, darken in the car2, get extra dark3 and polarize outdoors in the sun. Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses offer superior protection, sharper vision, larger view and vivid colors. Along with Transitions XTRActive lenses and Transitions XTRActive lenses style mirrors, Transitions XTRActive Polarized lenses together represent the widest portfolio of extra dark lenses in the photochromic category. Additional details on the timing of availability of cross all materials in design screw provided by your lens supplier.
1 In the clear to dark photochromic category
2 The lens is not polarized behind the windshield. Based on tests access materials on gray lenses, achieving transmission below 45% @ 23॰C behind a standard windshield. The lens achieves a polarization efficiency of 30% behind the windshield.
3 Based on tests on polycarbonate gray lenses, up to 10% darker than the previous generation @ 23॰C and up to 5% darker @ 35॰C
Transitions is a registered trademark, the Transitions logo, Transitions Light Intelligent Technology and Transitions Light Intelligent Lenses are trademarks of Transitions Optical, Inc. used under license by Transitions Optical Limited. Light Under Control is a trademark of Transitions Optical Limited. Photochromic performance is influenced by temperature, UV exposure and lens material. © 2022 Transitions Optical Limited.